Interested in Joining Our Team?
If you are interested in becoming a part of IUP Women's Club Soccer Team below is some helpful information:
- There is a team fee of $60 that each player pays per semester. This team fee goes towards travel expenses, equipment, referee fees, etc. It also helps show commitment to the team.
- Fee for Warm Ups are N/A but you will be notified as soon as the pricing is sorted out.
- Members of the team are required to purchase their own uniform (approximately $28). There is one crimson and one white jersey with "IUP" on the front and players' last name and number on the back. You also must purchase team shorts (all white) and socks (crimson) out of pocket. All of this is purchased through our team apparel at Fast Times.
- Practice is very important and if you cannot make at least two practices a week you should reconsider playing for the team. It is hard to find the time so plan ahead. Practice will start the week after tryouts.
- ***We do hold tryouts prior to the fall season, we will only take between 22-25 players. Tryouts will be held on Tuesday September 1st and Wednesday September 2nd.
- As a club team we do travel and play other schools. We are a part of the WROCCSL League for region one. Our division in this league is called Pennsylvania West. In our division we play teams from Bloomsburg, Bucknell, Carnegie Mellon, Dickinson, Messiah, Penn State, Robert Morris, UPITT, and WVU. The majority, if not all, of our games will be on the weekends so keep that in mind. We will often have to leave early in the morning and travel all day. If we rank high enough in our league we can advance to a series of tournaments which lead to nationals.
- ***. We will have an informational meeting prior to tryouts which is currently being held on August 27th. The location and time are TBA. If you are seriously interested in playing, it is strongly suggested that you make time to attend this meeting. We will be going over all the details at this time. If you cannot make it to this meeting please make sure you meet with one of the officers prior to tryouts.
- We do have a winter session in which we play in an indoor league along with the boys club team and some of the local Indiana teams. There is a fee but it will be small if enough girls join. We did this indoor league the last two year and it was a ton of fun. This is a more laid-back fun thing and it is separate from the league.
- We may have a spring season depending on funds, availability of players, and other schools' situations. This season would be more laid-back but would still require a team fee. You can participate in all three sessions or just one. Last year we did have a Spring season but each year it will depend on the amount of funds available.
- We do have social events as a team. It's a great opportunity to meet new people and play soccer at the same time!
- For more questions please contact the president at firstname.lastname@example.org